What you’ll get
Duration : 3 days 2 nights
Departure : Hanoi Old Quarter
Suitable : Family, friend, couple, solo travelers
Type : Land tour
This tour will take you from the vast lakes and chalky karsts of Ba Be National Park to the wild and rugged landscapes of Cao Bang to visit the most spectacular Ban Gioc waterfall in Vietnam. You will be travelling through the remote areas in the north of Vietnam, brushing along the Chinese border and staying with local families to find out about the unique cultures and customs of Vietnam.
- Admire amazing landscapes in the breathtaking Ban Gioc Waterfall
- Float on Ba Be Lake, take in the scenery of the surrounding karsts decorated with patches of wild vegetation
- Take a better understanding of the various ethnic groups and their agricultural tools, traditional handicrafts
|OPTION TYPE||MAX||RATES||WHAT'S INCLUDES?||TOTAL||MAKE RESERVATION|
Size : 30m2 Max Adults: 10
Bed size: Double/TwinShow more
Choose date to show price
Recommend for you
Includes Taxes & Fees
Ends in : 05:23:35 hours
Easy & fast checkout
Easy & fast checkout
- 2 Breakfast, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Shuttle bus
- Price Includes
- A/C transfer
- Boat trip on Ba Be lake
- 2 nights at Homestay
- All sightseeing tickets
- Pick-up and drop-off in Hanoi Old Quarter
- Experienced English speaking guide
- Meals as stated in the itinerary (B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner)
- Price Excludes
- Personal expenses, tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Other services not mentioned above
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- The above fees are subject to an added bank transaction fee.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by Asia Travel Package
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 50% of adult's fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 75% of adult's fare and using his own bed (on request)
- Over 8 years old: 100% of adult's fare and using his own bed.
- Day 1: Hanoi - Thai Nguyen - Cao Bang
7.30 - 8:00 pick up from your hotel in Hanoi for driving on highway No3. You will also visit the Museum of the Cultures of Vietnam’s Ethnic Groups in Thai Nguyen City where you can browse the objects, photographs and exhibits that give a better understanding of the various ethnic groups and their agricultural tools, handicrafts and traditional costumes worn for worship. There will be a stop for lunch before your transfer extremely north to Cao Bang through scatterings of villages and rice paddies. You will get the chance to stop at a village known for its tobacco production (depend on growing season). This is the road less-travelled offering you the enjoy the views in peace. Tonight, you have dinner and stay overnight in the homestay of a Nung's family in Quang Uyen.
- Day 2: Trekking in Ba Be National Park
You will have the chance to explore the diverse and beautiful landscapes of Ba Be as you trek through the national park. To begin with, your local guide will take you to visit Coc Toc Village where the Tay people make a living through fishing in the lake. You will cross Pelu Stream and navigate some steep terrain, but as you gain height you will begin to see the beautiful views of the mountains. As you journey further towards the uplands, you will stop in a H'mong ethnic village where you will have a picnic lunch. Your guide will then take you through the vast mountain ranges and valleys to see the stilt houses and school of the Dzao people and along the trail to visit another H'mong ethnic village. You will then return to your homestay where you started this morning.
- Day 3: Ba Be Lake - Hanoi
After breakfast at the homestay, you will go on foot to Bo Lu Quay where you will board a boat trip around Ba Be Lake. You can relax on board, do some wildlife spotting or if you need to cool off, you can jump into the cool, clean waters for a refreshing swim! As you float down the Nang River, you can take in the scenery of the surrounding karsts decorated with patches of wild vegetation and inhabited by all sorts of interesting creatures. Look out for the rainbow of butterflies that flit across the sky or listen to the gentle song of the many species of birds in the park. The boat will come to Puong Cave where you can explore the stalactites and stalagmites which are a result of the erosion of the river on the karst as well as looking out for the bat colony several thousand strong. After your, exploration of the lake, you can rest on the drive back to Hanoi, taking in the beautiful scenery on the way. You will stop for lunch at a local restaurant on the way before arriving back in Hanoi at about 17:30.
- Pack essentials, including light comfortable clothes suitable for outdoor activities, comfortable walking shoes. Take a small day pack for hiking and trekking.
- It is essential to bring your passport on this trip. We also recommend packing: insect repellent, sun cream, raincoat and sun hat..
What to take
Compare with other products
Questions & Answers
10.0Based on 5 reviews
Value for money
09 Jan 2019
Small group, a lot of road, but worth it! We are a family of 4 (9yo and 6yo) and we did it with a 5th person plus the guide and the driver. By far the best and most beautiful part of Vietnam. Wild, sleeping at a homestay (the second one not so much) and seeing the beauty of the Ba Be lake and waterfalls, Food was abundant and although the guide did not speak good english it was nice. Be aware that most of the trip you are in a van driving never-ending twisted roads, but it is worth it.
02 Oct 2018
This is an excellent tour. Here are what you can expect. 1. The tour takes you to places that others do not go to. This means that its going to be a long drive, long walk and long quiet silence into places that are not touristy. 2. Don't expect to be shopping. to be staying in 5 star hotels and to be eating western food. Expect to stay with the locals (clean and quiet place) Expect to eat local food (Vietnam/chinese mixture of vegetable and meats) 3. Dont expect 100% english speaking guides that are able to converse with you and have a joke. Do expect English Speaking guide that are doing their UPMOST BEST to help you have a smooth trip. 4. This is a great tour, great trip towards area and places that you won't be able to visit unless you research thoroughly or are very travel savy.
16 Dec 2017
Had a wonderful experience on both nights of homestay. Visited the Ban Gioc Waterfall and enjoyed the beautiful scenery. Though the journey was almost 10 hours and a lot of bends, it was compensated with the amazing view. We visited Ba Be Lake and it was beautiful too. Had a first hand experience how the local lived and how they create different uses with the different use of fruits, plants and trees. Our guide, Minh was informative and friendly. And our driver, Cuong is very experienced and friendly. Overall, both places were great!
16 Dec 2017
My tour guide was really cheerful and informative. I felt very comfortable in the 3 days and 2 nights under his guide and I cannot ask for a better guide for this tour. Our bus driver drove very safely as well, even though the road conditions were not one of the best. Note that the drive to ban gioc can be quite painful because it’s a Long 10 hours drive around 6 mountains. Ban gioc waterfall is spectacular, however 3 days and 2 nights is a little to short to visit both ban gioc and babe, so I recommend going for the longer tours.
Jing Yi T
16 Dec 2017
Beautiful waterfall although it was a really long drive there. Spent about 10 hours on the road on the first day, and the roads are pretty winding. That said, the countryside was beautiful. Homestay was good and we were really fortunate to be in time for the local market in Cao Bang. Ba Be lake was nice too, but regrettably we did not have much time to hike/ cycle in this beautiful national park. Weather in December seems to be pretty cloudy though.