What you’ll get
Duration : 1 day
Departure : Ho Chi Minh City
Suitable : Family, Friends, Honey moon couple
Type : Land tour
Product Code : T88SEP08
Veteran tour of Vietnam - features: Australian and New Zealand war veterans are always welcome in our country. For our Vietnam military tours, we recognize the importance of understanding the significance of the operations that took place during the war.
We value in-depth knowledge of the various areas of operations, such as the battle of Long Tan, so we use specialist English-speaking local guides for each area you wish to visit. Wherever feasible, we endeavour to locate Vietnamese veterans and civilians with first-hand knowledge of relevant wartime events.
- Understanding the significance of the operations that took place during the war in Vietnam
- Interesting itinerary (Long Tan Cross site - Horseshoe - Long Phuoc tunnels - Nui Dat - Ba Ria Orphanage)
|OPTION TYPE||MAX||RATES||PRICE DETAIL||TOTAL|
Price for Private Tour
* Price: USD/pax
Choose date to show price
Recommend for you
Total Option Price
Ends in : 05:23:35 hours
Easy & fast checkout
24/7 customer support
This option is fully booked, please change your date or contact us for more details.
- 1 Lunch
- Price Includes
- Travel permits
- Car/van for pick up
- Lunch and water bottle
- Transfer & sightseeing as per program
- Experienced English speaking tour guide
- Price Excludes
- Travel Insurance
- Tips and gratuities
- Drinks, personal expenses
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 45 days prior to trip departure: No charge (Full refund will be made but transaction fee will be paid by you).
- 30-45 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 15-29 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 7-14 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 7 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- The above fees are subject to an added bank transaction fee.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us.
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare.
- Students with ID student card: 95% of adult’s fare.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare.
- Long Tan - Nui Dat private day trip
08.00 AM Pick-up at your hotel and depart for Vung Tau.
Stop off at Ba Ria to pick up your travel permit to the sites.
We visit at the Long Tan Cross site, the Horseshoe and the Long Phuoc tunnels.
After lunch, visit Nui Dat (SAS Hill) and the Ba Ria Orphanage.
Return to Ho Chi Minh city.
Finish your trip at the hotel around 5:00 PM.
Questions & Answers
9.9Based on 17 reviews
Value for money
14 Mar 2019
Wow, what an amazing day! We can not thank our guide Huong, and our local guide (that we picked up in Ba Rai) enough! Huong filled us in on the incredibly interesting history of Vietnam, and parts of the local way of life. We then had our local guide take us through Nui Dat, Long Tan and the surrounding Provence’s. It was an incredibly moving experience, and the attention to detail and the respect for the people of all nations that have passed through was deeply appreciated. We will not forget this experience and highly recommend this tour! Thank you for such a moving day.
20 Nov 2018
We had a family member serve here and killed at Long Tan. We have been wanting to visit this area for years. The day here was the highlight of our Vietnam tour. Our guides were well researched, informative, considerate and very respectful, even organising flowers for us at the Long Tan memorial. We were overwhelmed with the attention given to help us experience this visit. Photos were provided of what each place we stopped looked like in 1966, and records provided for us about our relative who served. Thank you for a great day, one to remember for a long time.
16 Nov 2018
31 Oct 2018
18 Aug 2018
Myself and 4 friends took a private tour to Long Tan and Vung Tau, being Australian, this place holds a lot of history for us. The tour was fantastic, as were the two tour guides that took us around. We saw a place that I never thought I would and it was so emotional being there. The tour guides were so knowledgeable and friendly. We saw virtually the whole of the former Nui Dat base as well as the the Long Tan memorial. The tour guide at the base even had some photos of the old base and explained what and where everything was. After the tour of the base and memorial we were off to Vung Tau for lunch at a nice restaurant next to the water. The tour guides picked us up from our accommodation in a nice comfortable air conditioned van and dropped us back off there at the end of the day. This was probably the best tour that I have ever been on and I would definitely recommend everyone visit. It was worth the bit extra to have a private tour.