What you’ll get
Duration : 6 days 5 nights
Departure : Vientiane
Suitable : Family, friends, couples, solo travelers...
Type : Land tour
6-day Laos family tour is the most suitable Laos package tour for your family. The highlights include the laidback capital city of Vientiane, the exciting Vang Vieng, and the ancient town of Luang Prabang. All activities are fun, educational, and suitable for all ages.
- UNFORGETTABLE MOMENT
- The walk along the small streets of Vientiane and Luang Prabang
- The cruise along the Mekong River
- The peaceful sunrise over the lake of Nam Ngum
- The panoramic view over the town of Luang Prabang from Phousi Hill
- The evergreen nature of Kuang Si waterfalls, and Pha Tad Ke Garden
- VARIOUS ACTIVITIES ON SITES
- Gentle city visits of the laid-back capital of Vientiane, and the ancient town of Luang Prabang
- Plenty activities to choose in Nam Ngum lake
- The scenic drive through the mountainous area from Vang Vieng to Luang Prabang
- Join the workshop about ethnic diversity, and cultural changes in Laos
- Family fun activities at Ock Pop Tock Living Craft Center
- Stroll around the Pha Tad Ke Garden, the first and only botanical garden in Laos
- The leisure cruise along Mekong River
- Soft trek to explore Kuang Si waterfalls
- NATURE EXPLORATION
- The peaceful Nam Ngum lake, and surrounding area
- The scenic mountainous area of northern Laos
- The untouched nature along Mekong River
- The green garden of Pha Tad Ke
- The exciting Kuang Si waterfalls and surrounding area
- icon CULTURE EXPERIENCE
- Visit various temple and museum in Vientiane and Luang Prabang to learn about the culture of Laos
- Welcome dinner with traditional dance & folk song
- The visit to the local villages during the tour to see the local life
- Workshop about “Ethnic Diversity and Cultural Change in Laos” at Traditional Arts and Ethnology Center
|OPTION TYPE||MAX||RATES||WHAT'S INCLUDES?||TOTAL||MAKE RESERVATION|
Choose date to show price
Recommend for you
Includes Taxes & Fees
Ends in : 05:23:35 hours
Easy & fast checkout
Easy & fast checkout
Includes Taxes & Fees
Ends in : 05:23:35 hours
Easy & fast checkout
Easy & fast checkout
- 5 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 1 Dinner
- A/C transfer
- Price Includes
- Accommodation at hotel
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Price Excludes
- International flights
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 45 days prior to trip departure: No charge (Full refund will be made but transaction fee will be paid by you).
- 30-45 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 15-29 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 7-14 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 7 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- The above fees are subject to an added bank transaction fee.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by Asia Travel Package
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 50% of adult's fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 75% of adult's fare and using his own bed (on request)
- Over 8 years old: 100% of adult's fare and using his own bed.
- Day 1: Arrival in Vientiane - City Tour
On arrival at the airport, you will be met and transferred to check in the hotel.
After a soft rest, start your “6-day Laos Family Tour” with a visit to the major sights of the capital; including the oldest Wat Sisaket, the temple with thousands of miniature Buddha statues and the former royal temple of Wat Prakeo, which previously housed the famous Emerald Buddha Image. On the way to Lao’s national icon, the famous and sacred structure of That Luang Stupa, we stop enroute to take some pictures of the imposing Patuxay Monument, which is well known as Vientiane’s own Arc de Triumph.
The welcome dinner will be served at the local restaurant with the traditional dance and folk song, the best chance to experience the local culture.
Overnight in Vientiane
- Day 2: Transfer to Ban Tha Heua
We leave the capital early for our journey northbound; we will see some breathtaking scenery enroute as we pass through spectacular countryside towards the mountainous region. Along the way, we visit the busy and colorful market of KM52 where various hill tribes come to trade goods and buy provisions. We may also make a short photo stop at Hin Heup bridge, and the fish market in Ban Tha Heua.
From there, transfer to your hotel, which locate on the north side of Nam Ngum lake, offering the excellent escape from daily busy life.
The afternoon is dedicated to plenty of activities on sites such as kayaking, water-jet skiing, paddle boat, cycling, or trekking to visit the nearby villages. Discuss with our guide for the activities that you wish to enjoy. These are based on your own extra expense
You can either choose to relax by the floating swimming pool of the resort.
Overnight in Ban Tha Heua
- Day 3: Transfer to Luang Prabang via Vang Vieng
Wake up early today, you never want to miss the serene sunrise over the peaceful lake. Our guide will escort you to the nearby area to watch the local villagers preparing for their busy day.
After breakfast, we transfer to Vang Vieng, and visit the cave of Tham Jang, which was used in the early 19th century in defense against the Chinese invaders.
We then start our expedition on the new road to Luang Prabang, that is perhaps the best-preserved traditional city in Southeast Asia. The roads are well paved along the way for a smooth journey; we pass some stunning landscape scenery with a mixture of steep terraced fields and hill villages, we take a few photo stops at some small hill tribe village enroute. Each hill tribe village in Laos has a different feel, some are more prosperous than others but all have plenty of life. We also have chance to admire the panoramic view over the surrounding area at the peak of more than 2000m. Before reaching Luang Prabang, we will make a short stop to visit the local school at Ban Huay Sala. Overnight in Luang Prabang
- Day 4: Luang Prabang Culture Experience
After breakfast at the hotel, we transfer to the Traditional Arts & Ethnology Center (TAEC), the collection of diverse Lao ethnic groups. We will stroll around to visit the center to understand more about the Lao diverse ethnic culture.
After that, we will join the seminars of “Ethnic Diversity and Cultural Change in Laos”
This fascinating 60-minute presentation and question-and-answer session gives background on Laos’ ethnic communities, their history, and their culturalpractices, including livelihoods and crafts. Guests have an opportunity to learn about lifestyles in ethnic villages, and are shown unique artefacts fromTAEC’s collection that are not accessible to the general public.
The seminars are led by one of the two TAEC Founder/Directors, either Thongkhoun Soutthivilay, a Luang Prabang-native who worked at the Luang Prabang National Museum for 10 years, and who has attended trainings and conferences in the US, Thailand, Netherlands, Japan, and Brunei; or Tara Gujadhur, an American who has worked in Luang Prabang for over 10 years, with a background in anthropology and sustainable tourism development
The ethnic Khmu lunch will be served at TAEC Café.
In the afternoon, we will visit Ock Pop Tock Living Craft Center, where we will walk around to have a short visit before joining one of the below class:
Dyeing Class: An introduction to silkworms and silk types, students have a hands-on experience with natural dye preparation and create 3 natural dyes using plants directly from our home-grown garden (just like the Lao have done for hundreds of years!)
At the end of class, you will take home 2 dyed silk skeins or 2 cotton napkins and 1 Silk scarf you dyed yourself.
Weaving Class: Start with an introduction to silks, dyeing and weaving techniques. Each student is assigned a loom — a guide and a weaver will help you learn the art of weaving.
Batik Class: Introduction to Hmong Batik culture! (Only available Monday through Friday)
Each student will create a wax resistant, Hmong-style design on hand-loomed hemp, together with the legendary Mae Thao (Grandmother) Zuzong, our resident Batik Teacher.
Bamboo Weaving Class: Join the master bamboo weaver and learn about the many uses of bamboo in Laos.
Half day class students will weave a placemat or traditional fan.
Village Weaver Class: The Village Weaver Projects are a series of initiatives that create economic opportunities for artisans in rural locations. With this class, you can learn about Laos and some of its ethnic groups through their artisan traditions. More specifically about 3 distinct ethnic groups who participate in our Village Weaver Projects as you create 3 small crafts to take home.
Spend the rest of the afternoon to enjoy a cold drink at Silk Road Café overlooking Mekong river whilst admiring the sun setting behind the mountain
Transfer back to your hotel. Overnight in Luang Prabang
- Day 5: Luang Prabang Nature Exploration
After breakfast, we will take the cruise to Pha Tad Ke Botanical garden.
Upon arrival, you will be given a short presentation about the gardens. After that walk through the Ginger Garden and the Ethno-botanic Garden, which is the centrepiece of the garden. Follow the path through the Limestone Walk and take in the amazing mountainous Mekong landscape. Learn how to make a bamboo stick animal at the site of the hunting lodge of the former royal family. Then continue your tour of Pha Tad Ke Botanical Garden walking through the Arboretum, Palm Garden and Bamboo
Garden to our viewpoint that overlooks the rice fields. Stop by the Mist House where you will learn more about the importance of biodiversity conservation. Finish your excursion with an optional orchid talk at Pha Tad Ke Nursery.
All of the gardens will have introductory panels and labels. You can always ask our expert staff should you have any questions or require more information.
Enjoy a delicious Lao set lunch at the Pha Tad Ke café
In the afternoon, we continue the cruise downstream the Mekong river further to Ban Sing, enjoying the peaceful scenery of the countryside.
We then transfer by local tuk tuk to the beautiful Kuang Si Waterfall where you can cool off with a refreshing swim in the pools or walk along the forest trails. You can also see up close Asiatic bears at the Bear Rescue Centre along the jungle walk to the waterfall.
We then take the boat upstream the Mekong river back to Luang Prabang whilst the sun is setting behind the mountain.
Transfer back to your hotel by tuk tuk
Overnight in Luang Prabang
- Day 6: Morning Alms Giving - City Tour - Departure
Wake up as the sun rises, we will prepare to join the most sacred tradition of Laos, the daily morning alms giving, which dates to the 14th century. More than 200 Buddhist monks depart from various temple to gather their daily meal from the faithful residents sitting quietly on the streets.
From there, we will visit the temporary morning market near the former Royal Palace. Just set on the ground, the local people come here to barter their day’s catch from rice, to vegetable, to fish, or chicken. This is the best chance to experience the flavor of local life
After breakfast, we ascend to the top of Mount Phousi for an enjoyable exploration of the sacred, gilded stupa as well as a panoramic sunset view of the city and the Mekong River. From there, you will visit Royal Palace Museum, which was built in 1904 during the French colonial era for King Sisavang Vong and his family.
Your city tour continues with a visit to the magnificent Wat Xiengthong, a superb piece of Lao temple architecture, which presents a sweeping two-tiered roof and ornate mosaics including a beautiful ‘tree of life ‘glass montage on the rear temple wall.
If time permits, we visit UXO Visitor Center (closed on Saturday, and Sunday), where you can find the documentation about the secret war in Laos.
We have ample time to stroll around the town for your own exploration before taking the departure flight finishing your “6-day Laos Classic Tour”
Compare with other products
Questions & Answers
9.6Based on 3 reviews
Value for money
07 Nov 2018
Very helful and lovely guides both in Luangpravang and Vientane. Hotels well situated and good service very helful and cordial people.
30 Aug 2018
Laos was great! From the waterfalls to the fresh home made meals, this country was awesome to visit. Gives you an insight of what life in a 3rd world country is truly like, its nice to get away from the city and all the high luxuries and to enjoy Laos for its care free nature and peace of mind!
17 Feb 2016
Vientiane is a modern city in Laos. I got a fine view of the city from the top of the Victory Monument. The landscape was typical of Vang Vieng, with mountains, river and caves. I was overwhelmed by the sight of the Plain of Jars. What a breathtaking sight! Luang Prabang is the ancient capital of Lan Xang. I passed through some magnificent scenery on my journey through the ancient city. Let’s enjoy the wonderful journey. Don’t forget to join the dawn call to alms