What you’ll get
Duration : 3 days / 2 night(s)
Departure : Every Friday from Hanoi Old Quarter
Suitable : Active traveler, Family, Friends
Type : Land tour
Product Code : T88SPP10
Travelers surely like this trip since as it goes to explore the beauty of mountains and experiences the adventure in one the most beautiful landscapes of the North. During this tour, you will do sightseeing the beautiful landscapes of Sapa, exciting ethnic minorities’ villages and their daily life as well as join in various interesting activities.
- Sightseeing the beautiful landscapes of Sapa
- Exploring two famous markets Bac Ha and Can Cau
- Experiencing ethnic minorities’ villages and their daily life
- Having chance to enjoy Bac Ha people's simple but unique kinds of food with special wines
Flexible Price - Best Price Guaranteed
|OPTION TYPE||MAX||RATES||PRICE DETAIL||TOTAL|
- 2 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Train, Shuttle bus
- Price Includes
- Entrance fees
- Security permits
- English speaking guide
- All meals as mentioned in itinerary
- Return train tickets Hanoi – Lao Cai – Hanoi
- 1 night at hotel in Bac Ha (twin/double/triple)
- Transfer from the hotel to Hanoi Railway station
- Transfer Lao Cai - Can Cau - Bac Ha - Lao Cai
- Price Excludes
- Insurance, VAT
- Drinks & tips
- Personal expenses
- Extra night and tour (bookable)
- Drop off at hotel in Hanoi after tour
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 45 days prior to trip departure: No charge (Full refund will be made but transaction fee will be paid by you).
- 30-45 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 15-29 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 7-14 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 7 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- The above fees are subject to an added bank transaction fee.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 95% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Night 1 (Fri): Hanoi - Night train to Lao Cai
Pick up at your hotel (20.30) and transfer to Hanoi Railway Station to take the night train from Hanoi to Lao Cai. Sleep on the train.
- Day 1 (Sat): Lao Cai - Can Cau - Bac Ha
Early arrival in Lao Cai, pickup and transfer to Can Cau market (~2 hours) - a small market situated in a valley surrounded by mountains and only 7 km from China. The market deeply shows the typical cultural features of the minorities in remote mountainous areas in Vietnam. Further more, you can enjoy seeing boys and girls in colorful costumes - different colors of the mountains. They attend the market in the hope of finding "the other halves of their lives" and this is also the time for them to chat, to exchange everything among different ethnic peoples through cups of wine sold in the market and have lunch there.
After that, transfer to Bac Ha. On the way, spend time visiting a village of the Flower H'mong and then check in hotel in Bac Ha. Free to explore the town, dinner and overnight in Bac Ha.
Meals: B, L, D
- Day 2 (Sun): Bac Ha - Lao Cai - Sapa/Night train to Hanoi
After breakfast, visit one village and an old building called The H'mong king's house. Breakfast and the beginning of the day on which you visit a big market filled with many different hill-tribe peoples. This is the most colorful market in North Vietnam. At the market, you have chance to enjoy Bac Ha people's simple but unique kinds of food with special wines made from rice, cassavas, corn and different sorts of fruits such as plumps, apples, peaches... talking to the minorities through the guide's interpretation. Leave the market for the H'mong King's house (King Hoang A Tuong) built by the French colonists and the Chinese in 1920. Return the town for lunch. In the afternoon, spend time visiting another village (Ban Pho village) and then get back to Sapa. On the way back, Stop over to see the Vietnamese and Chinese border in Lao Cai. Back to train station for the night train to Hanoi. End of tour
Meals: B, L, D
- Hotel: Sao Mai Bac Ha
- Beware of your luggage and money
- Pick you up at your hotel at 8:30PM
- Inform in advance if you are vegetarian
- Train: A/C soft sleeper with 4 berths/cabin
- Please take your passport to check in hotel
- Train departure from Hanoi at 9:40PM or 10.00PM
- Passengers are advised to leave big luggage at hotel for convenience
- Bring walking shoes, raincoat, jacket, extra clothes, torch, insect repellent and sunscreen...
Questions & Answers
9.2Based on 3 reviews
Value for money9.3
28 Jun 2018
Can Cau market made an impression on me about the ethnic daily life. It didn't only perform the value of culture also recall people to maintain its unique To be honest, the market is nowadays not as traditional as it did; but no ways to ask them to stay in ancient life while others enjoy modern one. I wish the authority can support well to promote and converse the market
02 Apr 2017
14 Jan 2016
A feast to the senses, colors, smell, flavors. Sound. Go early around 8am that's when the market came to live with locals and the few tourists wondering the market. Enjoy the sights. The food stall was most interesting serving local flavors including stewed horse all parts, pig all parts, variety of noodles. Definitely a photographer's haven.