What you’ll get
Duration : 9 days 8 nights
Departure : Hanoi Old Quarter
Suitable : Active traveller, friends, couple,...
Type : Land tour
Product Code : T88NPG22
With the package, you will have 9 days to explore in the north of Vietnam. Discover stunning mountain and terecaed fields in Sapa and Ha Giang, have overnight amazing trip to the world heritage site of Halong bay, make new friends and gain insight local experience with colorful ethnic minorities. Enjoy!
- Discover stunning mountain and terecaed fields
- Have overnight amazing trip to the world heritage site of Halong bay
- Enjoy local experience with colorful ethnic minorities H'Mong and Day in Sapa and Ha Giang
Flexible Price - Best Price Guaranteed
|OPTION TYPE||MAX||RATES||PRICE DETAIL||TOTAL|
Size : 25 m2 Max Adults: 2
Bed size: Double/ Twin
With luxury package, you will have:
3-night in Hanoi 5-star hotel (Apricot Hotel or similar)
1-night in Halong 5-star cruise with private cabin (Athena, Signature Cruise or similar)
1-night in Sapa 5-star hotel (Pao’s Sapa Leisure, Silk Path Grand Resort & Spa or similar)
1-night homestay + 1-night hotel in Ha Giang
Choose date to show price
Total Option Price
Ends in : 05:23:35 hours
Easy & fast checkout
24/7 customer support
This option is fully booked, please change your date or contact us for more details.
- 8 Breakfast, 7 Lunches, 4 Dinners
- A/C transfer, Cruise
- Cruise Cabin, Homestay, Hotel
- Price Includes
- Taichi lesson
- Cooking destination
- Kayaking/ Bamboo boat in Halong
- Professional English-speaking tour guides
- Entrance fees and visit fees
- Bottle of water on the shuttle bus
- A/C transportation during the trip
- Transfer round trip from airport to hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter
- Return train tickets Hanoi – Lao Cai – Hanoi
- Full accommodation in Hanoi, Halong, Ha Giang and Sapa
- Meals as indicated (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Price Excludes
- Beverages, travel insurance, VAT, personal expenses
- Others not clearly mentioned above
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 45 days prior to trip departure: No charge (Full refund will be made but transaction fee will be paid by you).
- 30-45 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 15-29 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 7-14 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 7 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- The above fees are subject to an added bank transaction fee.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 95% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Day 1: Hanoi arrival
Upon arrival at Noi Bai Airport, driver will pick you up and transfer to Hanoi center. Check in hotel and free time. Overnight at hotel in Hanoi.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi
- Day 2: Hanoi - Ha Giang
Departs on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings
6:00-6:30 Pick up at your hotel in Hanoi and depart for Ha Giang by bus.
You will have a short break with some photo opportunities along the way.
12:30-13:00 Have lunch in Ha Giang.
14:00 Leave Ha Giang City for Quan Ba. On the way, you can take some photos of the magnificent views of the rice fields, mountains, and valleys.
15:30 Stop at Heaven`s Gate, enjoy the fresh air & see the panorama of Tam Son Town from above, afterward we head to the countryside where you will be welcomed by local Tay families.
16:00: Spend time to rest and freshen up before trekking around the village.
You can discover the rammed earth house of Black Dao which surrounded by terraced paddy fields.
Then you will have a delicious dinner in one of the local homestays.
Overnight in local Tay`s homestay
Meals: B, L, D
- Day 3: Quan Ba – Yen Minh – Meo Vac – Ma Pi Leng – Dong Van
6:30-7:00: Have breakfast, enjoy the fresh air of breathtaking mountains, check out from the homestay and be ready for the next experience - continue your journey to Meo Vac.
After lunch in Meo Vac, we keep going to Dong Van, we continue to conquer Ma Pi leng Pass. It is one of the most beautiful Rocky Mountains, unique landscape and famous places in Vietnam. You will have chance to stand on the steep cliffs of Nho Que River, a river which flows from China and through Vietnam for about 46 km.
After that you will trek through the small villages where H`mong people live and through extraordinary mountainous landscapes. You will enjoy the incredible views of the Happy road below.
16:30 Check in at the Hotel in Dong Van Town.
19:00 Have dinner and enjoy the night life of the local people there
Meals: B, L, D
Accommodation: Hotel in Ha Giang
- Day 4: Hanoi - Ha Giang
If you are here on a Sunday you can discover the very exciting and Colourful Dong Van market, where a dozen tribes living in the surrounding area, and traditionally dressed, come to sell their goods.
After breakfast you will continue your journey to Dong Van Unesco Geopark and enjoy fresh atmosphere.
On the way you will visit the H`Mong King`s Palace. This is one of the most special, cultural and historical monuments in Dong Van, the Vietnam war, and life of the ethnic people.
12:00 Enjoy a traditional Vietnamese lunch. We continue to follow the guide trekking, experiencing the breathtaking nature, visiting the centuries – old villages, and the houses of the Tay ethnic minority.
15:30 Return to Ha Noi
22:30- 23:00 Arrive back in Hanoi. Overnight in Hanoi
Meals: B, L
Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi
- Day 5: Hanoi - Halong Bay
Morning: Pick up from your hotel and transfer to Halong Bay with a stopover on the way for refreshments
Upon arrival, welcome on board, check in your cabin and have delicious lunch at the restaurant. Afternoon activities might include a visit to one of the most beautiful cave in Halong bay, a floating village for bamboo boat riding, an island for relaxing/swimming and a lagoon for kayaking. Back to the boat, you will be able to join a cooking class or a sunset cocktail party before dinner time. Evening is free at your leisure or you can join a squid fishing trip with the crew. Overnight in private cabin on a sharing cruise.
Meals: B, L, D
Accommodation: Cruise in Halong
- Day 6: Halong Bay - Hanoi - overnight train to Sapa
Morning tea and coffee will be served early. Optional to join a Tai Chi Class on the sundeck or photo hunting in the early morning.
After breakfast, other activities might include (if not arranged on the first day): visiting the cave, cooking class or climbing to the top of an island for panoramic view of Halong Bay. Then check out, then enjoy brunch and a fantastic view on the bay, passing many islands and islets (karst formation) on the way back to harbor.
Tender will take you back to the mainland, the bus takes you back to Hanoi. Arrive Hanoi about 4.30 - 5.00pm
Pick up at your hotel (20.30) and transfer to Hanoi Railway Station to take the night train from to Lao Cai.
Sleep on the train (wooden deluxe train with A/C)
Meals: B, L
Accommodation: Overnight train
- Day 7: Sapa - Y Linh Ho - Lao Chai - Ta Van
05.00 - 05.30AM: Arrive in Lao Cai early in the morning. Pick up and transfer to Sapa by shuttle bus, refresh and breakfast at the hotel.
09.30AM: First start of 6km of walking down to the south east of Sapa along the side of Muong Hoa valley to Y Linh Ho village of the Black H’mong. Continue a 2km-trekking down to Lao Chai village, through terraced rice fields to Ta Van village of the Dzay minority people. Lunch at a local family, it gives you a worth chance for you to learn about the local house architecture which is full of their daily life styles and exclusive custom. Enjoy the landscapes…on the way. Last trek is about 2Km to the bus stop in Tavan then get back to Sapa by jeep or minivan. Overnight at the hotel in Sapa.
Trekking level: 6/10
10Km trekking, 8km driving from Ta Van village back to Sapa
Meals: B, L, D
Accommodation: Hotel in Sapa
- Day 8: Cat Cat - Sin Chai - Lao Cai - overnight in Hanoi
A walk down to the South-west of Sapa (around 4 km) to visit Cat Cat village of the Black H’mong. Relax at the food of the stunning waterfall and the vestige of a hydroelectric power station that was constructed by the French during the colonial time in Vietnam. Enjoy picnic lunch by the side of the river, and then next 3 km to Sin Chai, the village located at the foot of Fansipan Mountain, “the roof of Vietnam and Indochina”. From here you can enjoy huge stunning landscapes before climbing up on the way a jeep to return to Sapa. The take bus to train station before boarding the train back to Hanoi. End of tour.
Trekking level: 4/10
7km trekking, 3km driving from Cat Cat back to Sapa
Meals: B, L
Accommodation: Overnight train
- Day 9: Hanoi departure
5.30 - 6.00 am You arrive Hanoi. Take a taxi to the hotel (taxi fee is paid by your account) and have breakfast no room.
If you have a departure flight in the afternoon, you will join a free walking tour in the morning.
9.00 am Our tour guide will welcome you to your hotel then start the walking tour to discover Hanoi’s Old Quarter which is famous with “36 guild streets” in the past time.
11.00 am Come back to your hotel and wait for the transfer to the airport.
If you have a departure flight in the morning. You have free time till driver takes you to the airport.
End of service!
- You should bring cash through the trip
- Hanoi accommodation: 3-star (Golden Rooster Hotel, Legacy Hotel or similar), 4-star (May de ville, Tirant Hotel or similar), 5-star (Apricot Hotel or similar)
- Halong Cruise: 3-star (Majestic, Lavender Cruise or similar), 4-star (Royal Palace, Silversea, Garden Bay Cruise or similar), 5-star (Athena, Signature, Alisa Cruise, Dynasty, V'spirit Premier or similar)
- Sapa accommodation: 3-star (Panorama, Hmong, Sapa View Hotel or similar), 4-star (Sapa Charm, Sapa Highland resort or similar), 5-star (Pao’s Sapa Leisure, Silk Path Grand Resort & Spa or similar)
- Homestay’s facilities are not as in hotel
- Big luggage: are advised to leave at the hotel for customers' convenience and comfort
- Arrival/departure info: required at the time of booking or at least 3 days before departure
- Flexibility: the order of this tour can be change to match the time plan/interest of customers
- Itinerary:can be slightly changed due to weather, availability and operating conditions and will be reconfirmed upon confirmation.
- Warm clothes, scarf, hat, cap due to the weather is pretty unpredictable. It is normally cold in September, October, November, December, January, February and March
- Trekking shoes, sun glasses, sun cream, insect repellent, cash in Vietnam Dong (US Dollar, Euro, Australia Dollar are accepted)
Compare with other products
Questions & Answers
9.3Based on 34 reviews
Value for money9.3
12 Sep 2019
Dong Van is very attractive place with many rise fields and others unbelievable nature sights of mountains rivers waterfalls and many more, hotels are simple there but clean and all is very cheap for western people.
07 Sep 2019
This was my first visit to Vietnam and I wanted to get off the beaten track. After seeing amazing pictures of the Dong Van karst plateau, I knew this was the place to visit. Though there were more tourists (both Vietnamese and foreigners) than expected, it was certainly a very special experience. The landscape gets very interesting soon after Ha Giang. The mountains / karst formations come in very different shapes, just stunning. We chose to do the tour by car, which is probably the most comfortable option on these winding roads. There is so much to see: mountains, the marvellous Ma Pi Leng pass, rice fields, idyllic villages and interesting towns + markets... The people were so wonderful. My favourite part of the trip was hiking and seeing villages and people + the landscapes in more detail than from the car. It was a very special experience.
24 Aug 2019
04 Aug 2019
We spent 3 days in Dong Van to visit some places as Quan Ba, Dong Van Town... route was not so long but it took much time due to wrist roads. We met a lot of local people on the way, beautiful countryside and lovely children. If you want to see Tam Gia Mach flower you should travel from Oct - Nov, weather is cool too...
27 Jul 2019
It is a beautiful walk from Lao Chai to Ta Van, full of surprised. There are quite a few villagers trying to following you all the way from Lao Chai to Ta Van trying to sell something to you... don’t get offended. Also, there is only one tiny road for bikes and pedestrians, so watch out for the bikes.. but they always horning, so I guess it is quite safe. One of a good choice to spend half a day there.