What you’ll get
Duration : 4 days 3 nights
Departure : Yangon
Suitable : Family, friends, couples, solo travelers, etc.
Type : Land tour
Product Code : T95W2TP02
Our Yangon, Bago and Thanlyin Tour will take you to the holy land of Bago with magnificent Buddhist pagodas. Shwemawdaw Paya and many other names will satisfy your traveling desire, and this is also an excellent chance for you to experience the history and architecture of Burmese. Real heaven of ancient temples is waiting for you, let fly and enjoy!
- A special tour discovering the stunning beauty, fascinating cultures, and ancient relics of Myanmar
- Visits many famous pagodas with unique architecture
Flexible Price - Best Price Guaranteed
|OPTION TYPE||MAX||RATES||PRICE DETAIL||TOTAL|
- 2 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- A/C transfer
- Price Includes
- Hotel accommodation base on Twin Sharing
- English speaking guide
- All transfer during the excursion in private air-con vehicles
- Meals (lunch and dinner)
- All zone fees and entrance fees
- Local truck fee in Golden Rock (>20 with private truck)
- Bottled water and snow towel each per day
- Price Excludes
- Visa Fee
- International Airplane ticket
- Travel insurance
- Porter charges at the airport
- Personal expenditure
- Guide and driver tips (2-4 pax - USD 6/ pax/ day), (4-7 pax - USD 5/ pax/ day), (>8 pax - USD 3/ pax/ day)
- Surcharge with other-language guide
- Surcharge by the case at water festival (13 to 16 Apr) and Gala Dinner on X’Mas (24, 25 Dec) and New Year 31 Dec
- Cancellation by Customer
For most of our tours, once the tour is confirmed and fully paid, but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation before tour commencement:
- More than 45 days before trip departure: No charge (Full refund will be made, but the transaction fee will be paid by you).
- 30-45 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 15-29 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 7-14 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 7 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no showcases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or writing and received by us.
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causing an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there is more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the unused portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental, or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using an existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 95% of adult’s fare and using the existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using the existing bed.
Arrive at Yangon International airport, met and welcomed by our guide, and transfer to Bago - an ancient capital of Mon Kingdom founded in the 13th century. Visit Kyakhatwine Monastery which you may observe over 600 student monks having lunch under the way of Buddha’s guidance, Shwethalyaung Pagoda, the 55-meter long and 16-meter high reclining Buddha Image built in 994 AD, and Shwemawdaw (or the Golden God Pagoda), the tallest of the Burmese pagodas. It has been growing for more than 1000 years. After lunch at Bago, continue to Golden Rock (Kyaikhtiyo), one of the most exciting tourist destinations, famous for its mystical pagoda standing on the precarious gilded gold boulder on the edge of the cliff which is over 3000 feet above sea level at Mount Kyaikhtiyo. Arrive at the base camp of the mountain, change to the local truck about 45 minutes drive up the mountain. Overnight at hotel in Golden Rock.
Meals: L, D
- Day 1 : Arrival Yangon
Arrive at Yangon International airport, met and welcomed by our guide, and transfer to a local restaurant for dinner. Then transfer to the hotel for check-in. Overnight at hotel in Yangon.
- Day 2: Arrival Yangon – Bago – Golden Rock
Bago is an ancient capital of Mon Kingdom founded in the 13th century. Visit Kyakhatwine Monastery which you may observe over 600 student monks having lunch under the way of Buddha’s guidance, Shwethalyaung Pagoda, the 55-meter long and 16-meter high reclining Buddha Image built in 994 AD, and Shwemawdaw (or the Golden God Pagoda), the tallest of the Burmese pagodas. It has been growing for more than 1000 years. After lunch at Bago, continue to Golden Rock (Kyaikhtiyo), one of the most exciting tourist destinations, famous for its mystical pagoda standing on the precarious gilded gold boulder on the edge of the cliff which is over 3000 feet above sea level at Mount Kyaikhtiyo. Arrive at the base camp of the mountain, change to the local truck about 45 minutes drive up the mountain. Overnight at hotel in Golden Rock.
Meals: L, D
- Day 3: Golden Rock – Bago – Yangon
After breakfast, descend from Kyaikhtiyo Pagoda. Drive back to Yangon via Bago and sightseeing includes “Kanbawzathardi Palace,” the famous palace of King Bayinnaung (1551-1581 AD), which is extensively excavated and some buildings are rebuilt, and “Kyeik Pun Pagoda” built by King Dhamma Zedi in 1476 AD, four gigantic Buddha statues all in sitting posture facing the four cardinal points of the compass. Then drive back to Yangon. On the way, visit Lawka Chanthar, the world's biggest marble Buddha, and a royal white elephant statue. In the evening, visit the magnificent Shwedagon Pagoda, a massive bell-shaped golden spire covered with 60 tons of gold plates enshrined with the Lord Buddha and the eight-hair relic, built over 2500 years ago. It is also the most outstanding and holiest site in Myanmar. Overnight at hotel in Yangon.
Meals: B, L, D
- Day 4: Thanlyin - Yangon Sightseeing and Departure
After breakfast, drive to the colonial town of Thanlyin (former name Syrian). It was a major port and an important trading center in the 17th century. On the way, we will stop at the Kyaikkhauk Pagoda, one of the ancient ones, located on a hillock. Then, visit Yele Paya situated in mid-stream of a river which we need to travel by local boat and stroll out the Thanlyin local market along the riverside, where you can see the daily lifestyles of local people. On the way back, we will also explore the ruins of ancient Portuguese Church, which is a place to know the archaeological era of the 18th century. After that, drive back to Yangon and start to visit city tour such as the heart of Yangon to see Independence Monument in Mahabandoola Park, City Hall, High Court, and many colonial style buildings, Botahtaung Pagoda and Bogyoke Aung San Market (Scott Market) which can be said as a shopping paradise for tourists. You will see a variety of traditional handicraft, gemstone, art, food, and clothes. In the evening, transfer to Yangon International Airport for departure.
Meals: B, L
Questions & Answers
9.1Based on 6 reviews
Value for money9.3
21 Jan 2019
09 Oct 2018
04 Jan 2018
It is a good experience to walk through the hollow golden maze inside the stupa. A detailed history explanation of the pagoda is displayed inside the golden maze and Buddha hair relic and lots of silver and gold artifacts are also displayed. These can all be viewed at close distance by visitors. Although you are watched by security camera, you are not followed by security guards closely. You can even meditate inside the pagoda. You come out of the maze with a better insight of Buddha relic and pagoda history. One bonus is that you can have a real close view of Buddha hair relic inside the pagoda and tooth relic at the pagoda next to the maze or main shrine hall.
03 Jan 2018
The destination is a spectacular one, still very unspoiled and authentic. It is hard to mention a special attraction, as we enjoyed absolutely every moment of our trip. We are sure that we shall be back in Myanmar, with a larger group of friends, and with your agency .
31 Oct 2017
Meeting people and seeing many aspects of their 'everyday life'. Perhaps the biggest factor was having local guides. This enabled us to experience things that we would never have done on our own.