What you’ll get
Duration : 3 days 2 nights
Departure : Phnom Penh
Suitable : Family, Friends, Honey moon couple
Type : Cruise tour
Product Code : T30MEE22
This cruise tour to Mekong Delta in 3 days 2 nights tells you a real story about how the Southern people live and do their business on the water. Besides, you have a good chance to visit a charming town with a lot of colonial architecture, Tan Thuan Dong Islet which is famous for its orchards full of mangoes, longans, and ambarellas, and see the way the local buy and sell agricultural products from boats to boats at the busiest time of the day.
- Have opportunity to learn about local life and taste delicious tropical fruits in Mekong Delta
- Join a sunset cocktail party on the top deck allowing you to fully enjoy one of the most magnificent moments that Mekong river
- Visit a charming town with colonial architecture, in particular the old market, the church and many old villas and traders’ houses
Flexible Price - Best Price Guaranteed
|OPTION TYPE||MAX||RATES||PRICE DETAIL||TOTAL|
- 2 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 1 Dinner
- Shuttle bus
- Cruise Cabin
- Price Includes
- English speaking guide
- Free flow of tea and coffee
- Road transfer from/to Saigon
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Guided excursions as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation in cosy double or twin bedded cabins
- Mineral water placed in your cabin on your cruise boat
- Speed boat from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh with Mekong Eyes guide
- Transfer from from the jetty to the hotel in Chau Doc / Phnom Penh
- Price Excludes
- Visa fee for Cambodia/ Vietnam (you can get a visa at the border crossing where the speed boat stops for immigration; for this you need to bring 35 USD and a passport photograph)
- Private transfer from Saigon available
- Drinks (except mentioned in inclusions)
- Tips and other personal expenses
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 45 days prior to trip departure: No charge (Full refund will be made but transaction fee will be paid by you).
- 30-45 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 15-29 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 7-14 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 7 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- The above fees are subject to an added bank transaction fee.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 95% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Day 1 (Sunday): Phnom Penh – Tan Chau – Cao Lanh
In the morning we pick you up at your hotel in Phnom Penh and bring you to the jetty where our boat departs. An English speaking guide accompanies all our speed boats to ensure your comfort and well being on board and to support the immigration to Vietnam. Drinks and snacks area available on our comfortable speed boats.
Around 13h the speed boat arrives in Tan Chau and you board your river cruiser. After a refreshing welcome drink, we show you our on-board facilities and your cozy cabin. Enjoy your lunch while the boat starts cruising through the branches and canals of the Mekong. Sit back on the sundeck or in our lounge and marvel the amazing sights – the lush vegetation and the diverse daily life of the people in the Mekong Delta. Round the day off with a Sunset Cocktail Party at the bar while the sun sets over the magnificent water landscape.
Meals: L, D
Accommodation: Mekong Eyes Explorer cruise
- Day 2 (Monday): Cao Lanh – Cu Lao Gieng – Sa Dec
Wake up well rested to the sound of the river and get ready for another exciting day of sightseeing in the Mekong Delta. At 6:30h the cruise vessel sets off for a sunrise cruise. Watch the locals go about their daily work drying exotic fruits and building ships on the wooden yards while enjoying an early breakfast.
We cruise towards the Island of Cu Lao Gieng. Located between Chau Doc and Sa Dec on the small island of Cu Lao Gieng, the monastery here was once an important convent. It could accommodate more than 1,000 people and included an orphanage, a school, a hospice and a leprosy centre.
In the afternoon we cruise towards the charming city of Sa Dec. There you can see the busy and colorful local market, enjoy a coffee on the nice riverside promenade and visit a nearby flower village with orchards. The charming town still has a lot of colonial architecture, in particular the old market, the church and many old villas and trader’s houses. We visit one of them, a beautifully renovated traditional house of a Chinese trader’s family. This sumptuous building belonged to the main character of the novel „The Lover” and indeed to the lover of Marguerite Duras.
Get back on board and enjoy a drink at the bar or relax on deck as the sun sets over the magnificent water landscape of the Mekong River. The cruise boat anchors for the night. The day ends with a delicious on-board dinner.
Meals: B, L, D
Accommodation: MeKong Eyes Explorer cruise
- Day 3 (Tuesday): Cai Be – Mang Thit / Tra On
After breakfast, we enjoy a rowing boat excursion through the hidden small canals of Tan Phong Islet on a sampan. We also visit some of the local candy or rice cake making production or boat through the green water landscape to see local villages, verdant orchards or rice paddies.
Later in the morning your can discover the nearby town by foot or explore the small side canals of the Mekong on a bicycle. Disembark in Cai Be from where we provide transfer to your hotel in Saigon and a lunch on the way.
- Although it is our intention to operate the itinerary as detailed proposal, we will do our utmost to stick to the set itinerary, however we cannot be held responsible for any last minute changes that might occur. It may be necessary to make some changes as a result of climatic conditions, alterations to cruise schedules or other operational factors.
Questions & Answers
9.6Based on 5 reviews
Value for money9.2
28 Oct 2018
My mom and I were traveling around Vietnam for three weeks and to highlight our trip we went to the Mekong Delta with “Mekong Eyes Cruise”. That was such a great decision. We were a group of 18 people, mostly from Australia, really friendly and the tour guides were so cute to us. We did a lot of things but we weren’t tired, it was so comfortable. The rooms and the whole boot seemed to be new. And the food was the best of it all! We made some spring rolls by our own, so delicious.
13 Jul 2018
We spent 2 days and 2 nights on the "Explorer" - a very nice boat with 16 cabins. Not too tidy, but still okay. Nice crew and excellent guides. In our opinion, the Explorer was in a better shape than the "Classic", also a bit more modern. Small excursions in the Delta were interesting and brought us close to local people, very fascinating. Food on board was average and too much (in my opinion, they should offer it as a buffet, not as a menu, then everybody could chose). All in all, a relaxing and very interesting trip, expensive yes, but worth the money.
10 May 2018
We originally booked 3D/2N on the old timber boat Mekong Eyes Classic. The company changed our booking to the Mekong Eyes Explorer for operational reasons. As it turned out we were upgraded to a suite and the 16 cabin boat had only 3 cabins occupied for the whole trip. Bonus for us. Food, service and facilities were excellent.
03 Mar 2018
We were picked up from our hotel on time. Journey was ok, minibus had a/c and the rest stop was at a fairly up market place, far better than that used by tourist buses As we got to the landing and saw the boat all our expectations were fulfilled. The Mekong Eyes is a lovely looking craft, all wooden superstructure. We were booked for 3 days/2 nights. As we found out, as the tour progressed, they mix 1 and 2 night stayers. At our furthest point 10 of the 14 we started with departed, to be replaced later with 20 newcomers. The food was excellent - 4 courses at lunch and dinner. And they check carefully for specific requirements. In our first group in addition to my wife's shellfish allergy they also accommodated a vegetarian and a coeliac. The room was beautifully clean and although tight was adequate. Bed was comfy, and they moor up at night so no engine noise to disturb sleep. Staff were delightful - Sunny is a right laugh a minute - and the visits to villages, floating markets, cottage industries - rice noodles, coconut sweets - were great fun.
27 Feb 2018
Booked a three day cruise from Phnom Pen and it was a wonderful trip. Lovely food, a great boat, knowledgeable guide and incredibly good service. They originally wondered if we could switch to a smaller private boat, but when they heard we had small children we were so fortunate that we got the big boat and two suites all to ourselves! Incredible! Thanks for a fantastic journey!