What you’ll get
Duration : 2 days 1 night
Departure : Daily from Hanoi Old Quarter
Suitable : Family with children, Honeymoon couple, Active traveler
Type : Land tour
Product Code : T88MCG02
Within 2 days, tourists will visit some villages of Mai Chau including Lac Village and Poom Coong village by biking and a hiking to visit 1000 Steps Cave, optional to stay overnight in a homestay of Thai people or bungalow.
- Free pickup at hotels in Old quarters
- Watching music show and Can wine tasting
- Enjoying homestay overnight, cooking & eating with the local people
- Cycling, biking, trekking through the rice paddy fields & 1000 Step Cave
Flexible Price - Best Price Guaranteed
|OPTION TYPE||MAX||RATES||PRICE DETAIL||TOTAL|
- 1 Breakfast, 2 Lunches, 1 Dinner
- Shuttle bus
- 1 night in Homestay or Bungalow
- Price Includes
- Entrance fees
- Meals in the village
- Homestay or Bungalow
- English speaking tour guide
- Round trip transfer by A/C van
- Traditional dance show & can wine
- Price Excludes
- VAT & travel insurance
- Drinks & Personal expense
- Surcharge for peakseason, Christmas, New Year, Lunar New Year
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 95% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Day 1: Hanoi – Mai Chau
7.00 - 7.45: Pickup at your hotel in the Old Quarter in our comfortable van.
10.00: Short break on the way.
11.30 – 12.00: Scenic photo stop of Mai Chau valley/arrive in Mai Chau
12.15: Traditional lunch in local village (vegetarian meal available)
14:00-16:30: Bicycle ride with your tour guide, see farmers working in fields, locals weaving scarves and visit surrounding peaceful villages.
16.30-18.00: Free time for cycling, walking, shopping
18.00: Enjoy the dinner at the homestay. Enjoy the Thai’s ethnic Performance and drink the traditional wine “ruou can”.
Overnight in communal dorm or private Bungalows at Riverside Bungalows.
Meals: L, D
Accommodation: Communal dorm or private bungalows
- Day 2: Mai Chau – Hanoi
07.30 – 8.00: Wake up and have breakfast
08.30 – 11.30: Hike to 1000 Step Cave and local market
12.15 – 15.00: Lunch and free time to relax before transfer back to Hanoi
18.30 – 19.00: Drop you off at your hotel. End of service.
Meals: B, L
Compare with other products
Questions & Answers
9.3Based on 13 reviews
Value for money9.3
19 Oct 2018
17 Apr 2017
We could say this place is a must see if you are looking for a outskirt trip beside Halong Bay beach tour. We traveled with not a large group of friends and Tour guide Hong made it all so easy. Whole trip from pick up to drop off was seamless. We loved him and the beautiful scenery of Mai Chau. All 12 people stayed in 4 bungalow and we stayed up late for enjoying as we did not come there for sleeping so did not care much about the room condition. However, if you travel with family or couple should choose the private bungalow for better quality. However, our shared bungalow was clean, cool keeping by air-con and nice valley views through the windows. Thank you so much
Germana Aranda Gaona
02 Feb 2017
We did a 2days 1night tour with my husband and had a lovely time! The nature and mountains were incredible and tour guide was very helpful and kind. The dorm, food and transportation held a great standard. I would definately rekommend you to do the tour while in Hanoi!
30 Jul 2016
This is a good place to stay. Breakfast is included in the room rate . The rooms are clean. In the dorm you have mosquito nets, fan and good clean white sheets. The location is good, and far away from the crowded places that play loud music in the night.
18 Feb 2016
My husband and I did a 1 night 2 day tour to this region. We did a home stay at the local village. I have to say this was the high light of our 10 day stay in Hanoi and should not be missed by anyone. We stayed in a traditional bamboo house on stilts, and although the weather was quite cold, we were still warm enough at night. Went for a bike ride with our guide through the rice fields, watching the buffalos at work, then on through the little hamlets. At one house we stopped outside to watch the women banging drums in celebration of 'Women's Day'. Can you imagine how surprised we were, when they invited our whole tour group ( there were 8 of us ) upstairs into their house? We felt so privileged to witness this celebration, and joined them in dancing. They then brought in bamboo poles to dance with and encourage us to join them. We were so sad to leave them 2 hrs later. Everyone went out of their way to make us feel like one the the family. For a people who have so very little, they were more than happy to share a little of it with us.It certainly made the trip. The food we had at the home stay was all freshly cooked and plenty of it. The scenery is so beautiful and not to be missed.