What you’ll get
Duration : 5 days 4 nights
Departure : Hanoi City
Suitable : Family, Friends, All of people
Type : Land tour
Product Code : T88NPG03
With 5 days, this trip will bring you to all special places called the best of the North, Vietnam.This tour will be an exciting trip to the mountainous resort town of Mai Chau to discover the stunning landscapes of nature; an interesting trip to the most famous beauty spots of Hanoi; and an amazing trip to the world heritage site of Halong bay.
- Visit of the most famous beauty spots of Hanoi
- Full day trip to Halong bay with its amazing seacapes
- 2-day break to Mai Chau and staying in Mai Chau Lodge
- Enjoy water puppet performance at Thang Long Water Puppet Theater
Flexible Price - Best Price Guaranteed
|OPTION TYPE||MAX||RATES||PRICE DETAIL||TOTAL|
- 4 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 1 Dinner
- A/C transfer, Cruise
- Cruise Cabin, Homestay
- Price Includes
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- English speaking guide
- Entrance fees and visit fees
- A/C Transports per program
- Tour activities as stated in the itinerary
- Hotel in Hanoi (twin/double/triple sharing)
- Boat trip in Halong bay with kayaking/bamboo boat
- Meals as indicated (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Homestay/ bungalow in Mai Chau (twin/double/triple sharing)
- Price Excludes
- Travel insurance
- Drinks & other meals
- Tips and other personal services
- Surcharge for peakseason, Christmas, New Year, Lunar New Year
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 45 days prior to trip departure: No charge (Full refund will be made but transaction fee will be paid by you).
- 30-45 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 15-29 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 7-14 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 7 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- The above fees are subject to an added bank transaction fee.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 95% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Day 1: Noi Bai Arrival - Streetfood tour
Upon arrival at Noi Bai Airport, our driver will pick you up and transfer to Hanoi center. Check in your hotel then take a short rest before join in a street food tour in the evening (18.00 - 20.00) to discover Hanoi Old Quarters, tasting some of the most famous street foods of Hanoi, eating just like a local while learning about the cuisine and culture of Hanoi. Overnight at hotel in Hanoi
- Day 2: Hanoi - Halong
07.45 - 08.30 We come to pick you up at your hotel for 3.5 hours bus ride through the country side of the Red River Delta to Halong City.
12.00 Arrive in Halong City, board a traditional wooden junk and start the cruising trip to the centre of the bay.
12.30 Fresh seafood lunch (vegetarian menu available) is served while the boat cruises further to the bay. Many amazing islands can be found such as Fighting Cocks (symbol of Halong Bay) Islet, Finger Islet, Incense Burner Islet, and Stone Dog Islet.
After lunch, stop at the most beautiful cave named Thien Cung (Heaven Palace Grotto) and explore huge chambers adorned with stalactites and stalagmites of all kinds. Back to the boat after the visit and heading to Ba Hang fishing Village, you have 2 options here:
Enjoy a rowing boat trip (rowed by locals) around Ba Hang floating village located in a quite place to see how local fishermen earn for living.
Take a kayaking trip on your own to explore this village.
From the floating village, relaxing on the cruise while the boat keeps cruising back to Halong harbor.
16.30 Transfer you back to Hanoi and drop off at the hotel around 20.30. Overnight at hotel in Hanoi.
Meals: B, L
- Day 3: Hanoi - Mai Chau
07.30 - 8.00: Pickup at your hotel in the Old Quarter in our comfortable van.
10.00: Short break on the way.
11.30 - 12.00: Scenic photo stop of Mai Chau valley/arrive in Mai Chau
12.15: Traditional lunch in local village (vegetarian meal available)
13.00 - 15.00: Bicycle ride with local tour guide, see farmers working in fields, locals weaving scarves and visit surrounding peaceful villages.
15.00 - 18.00: Free time for bicycling, walking or shopping
18.00: Dinner at the homestay
19.30: Watch Thai traditional dance in the stilt house and enjoy Traditional alcohol (ruou can) with the community then overnight at the homestay or bungalow.
Meals: B, L, D
Accommodation: Homestay or Bungalow
- Day 4: Mai Chau - Hanoi
7.30 – 8.00: Wakeup and eat breakfast
8.00: Go with local tour guide to visit more remote rural villages Na Meo and Na Mo villages to understand more about their culture and customs.
12.00: Back to the homestay for lunch and check-out
13.00 - 15.00: Free time for shopping and relaxing
15.00 – 15.30: Say goodbye to the family to get on the bus to drive back to Hanoi
18.30 – 19.00: Arrive in Hanoi Old Quarter. Drop you off at your hotel.
Meals: B, L
- Day 5: Hanoi city tour â€“ Departure
Breakfast at the hotel then drive to following visit Tran Quoc Pagoda (the oldest pagoda in Hanoi), Ho Chi Minh Complex and One pillar pagoda – a wooden pagoda on a single stone pillar. Continue to Temple of Literature (Van Mieu), which originally built as a Confucius Temple, then became Vietnam’s first university dating back to 1070.
After lunch at local restaurant, transfer to the airport for the onward flight. End of tour.
Meals: B, L
- Transport: New and clean with A/C
- Superior: supeior bungalow in Mai Chau + hotel 3* in Hanoi
- Deluxe: deluxe bungalow inMai Chau + hotel 4* in Hanoi
- Arrival/departure info: required at the time of booking or at least 3 days before departure
- Flexibility: the order of this tour can be change to match the time plan/interest of customers
- Extra night: Extra night in Hanoi or Mai Chau or Halong can be arranged upon request
- Special request (diet, vegetarian, allergy ...): should be sent before departure date.
- Big luggage: are advised to leave at the hotel for customers' convenience and comfort
- Itinerary: can be slightly changed due to weather, availability and operating conditions and will be reconfirmed upon confirmation.
Compare with other products
Questions & Answers
9.5Based on 10 reviews
Value for money9.4
23 Jan 2019
Since we have never been in an asia country, it is a good start to get in touch with the culture and the good start into travel in Vietnam. The tour is really good organized. The activities are lots of fun. Be careful about the weather, bring the correct equipement with you.
10 Jan 2019
A Christmas and New Year adventure, and my first trip with Intrepid! This trip has a great mix of activities that will give you a super insight into Northern Vietnam. The hiking in Sapa was tough - steep hills, rice terraces and motorbikes - but stunning. I highly recommend this trip
01 Dec 2018
Excellent trip with a good mix of activities and places. Not too physically challenging at all, but enough adventure and outdoors to make a great holiday choice for people who like to move! Our guide was very friendly and shared many insights into Vietnamese culture. The only disappointment for our group was the food in the North - as we were all expecting the type of food in Central/South Vietnam. Great accommodation throughout the trip and the home stays were fine and one of the highlights of the trip, along with biking in Mai ChÃ¢u.
25 Nov 2018
It was a hassle free holiday, with the stress taken out to when it come to knowing where we needed to be or where we were staying next. We got to see more that expected, and would have never seen what we did without a fantastic tour guide!
30 Oct 2018